The beginning



I am an Architect. I spent five years in college learning new and interesting things every day. I was inspired by a lot of architects and artists. My taste in several things like colours, shapes, design evolved gradually. I started appreciating art. 

In the final year of my architecture, I had to do a thesis on anything of my choice. I made the decision to choose a topic that would make a difference in my life. I did a thesis on Tribal arts and culture in India. I chose a particular region with the highest population of tribal people and studied them. In the process, i started learning their ways, their lifestyle, and their brilliant artistic abilities. 

Gradually I learnt about the different paintings and artworks they make. I had a special interest in a painting called Madhubani or Mithila art, which dates back to the epic Ramayana. Women in Mithila (a place in India / Nepal) and surrounding region used natural dyes to paint the walls and decorate their homes.
I dedicated one month to learn Madhubani painting. I made four paintings in four weeks. They are still hanging in my living room. I made and more and more paintings. I also started experimenting with Kolam (dot art) and alpana. I started digitizing them. Made cards, wrapping papers and digital paintings.


Comments

Popular Posts